10. Endless presidential news conferences, town halls, confabs, reports to Congress: STOP TALKING AND JUST FIX THE COUNTRY
9. The Illinois budget, Oh sure let’s open up Lowden State Park for the 18 people who live in Oregon, and I guess we don’t care about the universities, organizations and businesses that the state can’t pay
8. 8, 8 I forget what 8 was for
7. The glamor of “Green”, its everywhere, every magazine, every commercial, suddenly we’re drowning in green. I wonder how much resources are used up promoting the green?
6. The massive Sasquatch government cover up–the truth is out there
5. The Edge’s hat, is it really that cold everywhere?
4. The Bush bashing, he’s out, it’s over, move on people
3. Chain restaurants that are destroying the rich food culture in our country namely the small locally owned restaurant
2. Two and ½ Men, seriously how is this show still on the air?
Ah Spring, that little minx, she teased us this week. Where I’m at it got up to 60 degrees, the sun was out and the college kids broke out their shorts for the first time in 2009.
Ok, you can’t go by the college kids they will wear shorts at the drop of a hat, but I was fooled. I turned my heat down, played frisbee with the dog and started planning my garden. The snow is gone and the world seems like a sunnier happier place.
Well, until tomorrow when we get more snow.
Spring is a fickle mistress.
I posted a sister picture to this towards the end of last semester, and I thought this would better show how my pursuit of a PhD is single-handedly killing the rain forests. I try to be a good environmentally friendly entity, I really do. I recycle. I keep my house frigidly cold. However, I have begun to realize (after buying a new bi box of paper) that as progressive and forward thinking social work is, at least PhD work isn’t very environmentally friendly. I think I said this before, but this is for ONE paper. Yikes.
Now hopefully the good will outweigh the bad. Hopefully I will help change the world or at least teach people who help change the world, but in the mean while…. Shhh, don’t tell Ed Begley, he might come after me.
I’ve been busy getting started with school again, but isn’t it about time for spring?